I got home from the Assembly last night and was asked to appear at 10:30pm on Radio 5 Live to discuss the Ashers bakery case. I was really tired and found it really hard. You can hear the programme here – from about 36 minutes.
Why did I find it so hard?
1) I was really tired.
2) This is a spiritual warfare.
3) So many Christians are caving into the spirit of the age. Doubtless Ireland will vote for SSM today and part of the reason is the pressure being put on people by the zeitgeist.
4) Before I went on air I was shocked to hear of the Church of Scotland minister, Rev. Scott Rennie, had been ‘married’ in December and yet this had not been put to the Assembly when they decided on the case.
5) The continual abuse, mockery etc does wear one down.
6) And the playing with words really depresses me…
Anyway I feel that I did not handle it all that well – but we live and learn…..